Its very important to choose a strong password. Having a weak password is the simplest way to get your account hacked. However it is not easy to create a password, that you can easily remember and is strong. Here are some tips :
- Never use Common English words alone
- Common English words are very prone to standard dictionary attacks. Basically a hacker can run a program that will try out different combinations of words and with time hack your account.
- Use Phrases instead of a single word
- A sentence or a phrase without the spaces is the best option for a long password. For e.g instead of justinebeiber you can use iabsolutelyhatejustinbeiber . And how can you ever forget that!
- Replace letters with numbers/symbols.
- This is your first line of defense. you can replace letters like
- I with 1
- a with @
- o with 0
- e with 3
- s with 5
- You can choose to capitalize the first letter of every word or the last letter.
- Use another Language
- If you know a language other than English , that is a great way to have a good password
- e.g iabsolutelyhatejustinbeiber would be ihassejustinbieber in German
- So with all these tips your simple sentense can become
- and so on.
This tips can be applied to the Secret Question and Secret Answers as well .
If you have any tips or stories to share please let me know in the comments.