Federation Square is the Meeting Place of Melbourne. This is the Centre of the City and there are a lot of Places of Interest all around Federation Square.
Some of them include
- National Gallery of Victoria - The oldest public art museum in Australia.
- ACMI - Dedicated to the moving image in all its forms
- Melbourne Visitor Centre - The First Stop at Melbourne
- Hosier Lane - The best street art of Melbourneth
- Flinders Street Station - The first railway station in an Australian city
Street ArtistsThere are a number of Street artists performing all around the City and in Federation Square . In Fact there were a lot of musicians and performers all over the CBD. Some of them are really entertaining and surprisingly there is a great variety.
There is a huge screen that runs movies or live matches on weekends . Rest of the time it just shows whats happening in fed square. So basically you can just walk up to Fed Square and watch yourself in a Huge screen. How awesome is that. Its obviously pretty popular with Children who think they are on TV.
Other Side of the World
Federation Square always has some or the other event going on. I was lucky enough to experience the footy parade and an experiment involving binoculars at various places in the world. So basically they placed binoculars at various location similar to Fed Square and the view from those can be seen if you look into the binocular placed in Fed Square. And the video of the eyes watching you are displayed on the Giant Screen.